Wednesday, April 17, 2019

April Garden Update



Its a very busy morning on the urban farm. Our youngest doggie is getting neutered this morning and I have grocery shopping today since Mr Ladybug and I will be out of town on Friday. I have already been outside watering the garden. When I get done grocery shopping I will have clothes to hang on the line so I thought I would just do a quick garden update this morning.

I asked Mr Ladybug if we needed to cover the potato bed since our cat likes to be a jerk most of the time. We planted the potatoes over the weekend and this morning Socks was taking nice little dirt bath in it. I sent him this picture and he said we would put fencing over it when he got home. Oh the joys of being a cat mom.



As you can see there is a big gap in the lettuce. For some reason that seed did not come up. I have some seeds I saved from last year and am going to see how well they come up.



This native mint plant makes me smile every time I pull a leave and pop it into my mouth. I am going to start drying some if it for teas.



The radishes are doing pretty well even though a dog ran through them when we were planting so some of them are out of order.



I can not wait until June and see how these garlic bulbs are doing. I love growing garlic and making garlic scape pesto.


The onions are coming along nicely. I think I can start pulling a few for salads.



The lemon balm never disappoints. I will be drying some of this too soon for teas.



These are some volunteer tomato plants I need to transplant. I think they are cherry.


No comments:

Post a Comment